Risk Level:
99% May harm your business future; Persons or entities that engage in transactions with this entity will be exposed to sanctions or subject to an enforcement action;

Working with this entity means supporting Iranian Regime, Regime Terrorist Activities & development of WMD

Status:
Top Alert – Entity designated / sanctioned for terror, WMD and human rights violation

Info:
The foundation has an American branch, which was part of the property of the Pahlavi dynasty that was confiscated;

After it was taken over by the new regime in Iran, its name was changed to the Alavi Foundation (Bonyad-e Alavi);

According to the Southern District of New York’ U.S. Attorney’s Office, ‘The Alavi Foundation has been providing numerous services to the Iranian Government, including managing the Building for the Iranian Government, running a charitable organization for the Iranian Government, and transferring funds from 650 Fifth Avenue Company to Bank Melli Iran.’;

The foundation is directed by the Iranian ambassadors to the U.N.;

Among the Foundation’s most valued assets was the Piaget building on 650 Fifth Avenue in New York of which it owned 60% and the other 40% owned by a front company of Bank Melli;

As a result of a civil lawsuit brought against it because of its ties to Iran in 2008, the building was forfeited by the US government in 2013;

Also Known As:
Bonyad-e Alavi
Pahlavi Foundation

Country:
United States

Address:
650 Fifth Avenue, Suite 2406 New York, New York 10019

Phone:
(212) 944-8333

Website:
alavifoundation.org
alavifoundation.us

E-mail:
info@alavifoundation.org

Reason for the color:
» The U.S. Department of the Treasury designated Alavi Foundation on 12/17/2008 under Executive order 13382 for being controlled by, and for acting for or on behalf of, Iran’s Bank Melli, and for having provided financial support for, or services in support of, Bank Melli;
» Treasury designation of two Iranian entities tied to proliferation activities;
» Manhattan U.S. Attorney Announces Court Judgment Finding Midtown Office Building Secretly Owned And Controlled By Government Of Iran Subject To Forfeiture For Violations Of The Iranian Transactions Regulations And Money Laundering Offenses;
» What’s known about Iran-linked Alavi Foundation?
» Islamic ‘charity’ places pro-Iran professors in US universities;
» Two federal courts are investigating complaints by victims of terrorism against the Iranian regime;
» Iran secretly owns NYC skyscraper;
» Manhattan Skyscraper Linked to Iran. Can Be Seized by U.S?


You May Be Interested

IFMAT Color Guide

×
We sort entities who are connected with terrorist activities, in two sections, first by risk and second by geolocation.
GeoLocation divisions are divided into two fields, Black List and Gray List.
BlackList is a list of all companies, organizations and figures who originate from Iran.
GrayList is a list of all companies, organizations and figures out of Iranian borders, and doing business with Iran.
We identify risk of entities by COLOR selection, each color marks the risk level of the entity.(by declining order)
 
TOP ALERT
Designated / Sanctioned / Illicit entities
 
HIGH ALERT
Entities affiliated with Designated / Sanctioned / Illicit entities.
 
MEDIUM ALERT
Entities sanctioned in the past for Terror or Illicit activities / WMD related / Human rights violations.
 
RISK ALERT
Entities in a problematic sector - Sector controlled by the Top Alert entities.
 
GENERAL ALERT
Legitimate entities - we cannot determine whether an entity is completely green, and that is due to the facts that the Iranian economy is not transparent enough for us. Be sure.