Saeed Montazer Al-Mahdi is the spokesman of the Iranian police (EU-listed Law Enforcement Forces (LEF) of Iran).
In April 2023, he announced the current strict enforcement of hijab laws, which have been used by the Iranian authorities to crack down on peaceful protesters. Acting in his function, he defends and promotes the repressive actions of the police.
His intimidating statements on monitoring, the closure of businesses and other public spaces, and the warning texts that are being sent by the authorities have a very significant repressive impact. Furthermore, in his role as police spokesperson, he has repeatedly downplayed the widely reported schoolgirl poisonings, by claiming that the “majority” were “not real”, thereby denying the victims protection through the police and undermining their right to safety.
He is therefore responsible for serious human rights violations in Iran.
Police spokesman – Military rank: Brigadier General
– Social Deputy and Spokesperson of the Police (2012 – 14 Jul 2018)
– Spokesperson of the Anti-Smuggling Task Force (23 Apr 2019 – Sep 2019)
– Social Deputy and Spokesperson of the Police (FARAJ) (31 Jan 2023 – present)
– Confiscations of Women (Mar 2023 – present)
– Perverting transparent and independent investigations on widespread poisoning of school children
– Enforcement of Strict Compulsory Hijab Rules (Mar 2022 – present)
Human Rights Violations
8 November 1971
Also Known As:
MONTAZER AL-MAHDI Said
Reason for the color:
» COUNCIL IMPLEMENTING REGULATION (EU) 2023/986 – of 22 May 2023;