Farab (Private Joint Stock), as a skilled and responsible general contractor, has tried to move toward excellence since 1992. Having successfully completing more than 30 projects, Farab is currently working on different domestic and international projects in a wide variety of fields such as hydro power plants, thermal power plants, oil, gas, petrochemical projects, railway industries, civil works, smart grid, water treatment plants, water desalination plants, and operation and maintenance of power plants.
Farab Company is working with entities controlled by the terrorist organization IRGC. The chairman of Farab Co., Mohammad Ali Yazdan Joo, is under US Sanctions for being a member of the board of directors or a senior executive officer of Bonyad Mostazafan (Bonyad Mostazafan or Bonyad Foundation is controlled by the IRGC and Supreme Leader of Iran).
Iranian Oil, Gas sector is controlled by the terrorist organization IRGC. Funds received from oil are being used to sponsor terrorist organizations, terrorist attacks around the world.
According to the U.S. Treasury Department – Individuals and entities engaged in certain transactions involving petroleum or petroleum products from Iran or certain Iran-related persons on the SDN List should be aware that engaging in such conduct may result in designation or other sanctions under U.S. sanctions authorities unless an exception applies. Those who knowingly engage in significant transactions for the purchase, acquisition, sale, transport, or marketing of petroleum or petroleum products from Iran — or knowingly provide significant support to an Iranian person on OFAC’s List of Specially Designated Nationals and Blocked Persons (SDN List) — are at serious risk of being targeted by the United States for sanctions, regardless of the location or nationality of those engaging in such activities. Further, persons providing bunkering services to vessels transporting petroleum or petroleum products from Iran risk being subject to sanctions unless an applicable waiver or exception applies.The United States continues to take strong action to deny the Government of Iran funds derived from the illicit exportation of petroleum or petroleum products from Iran;
The current CEO at Farab group according to their website is Ali Vakili. He was managing director at Pars Oil and Gas Company which is under US sanctions.
Worked on projects with:
1. Petro Sina Aria Co.
– Petro Sina Arya is working with SADRA t implement South Pars phase 22; SADRA is Iranian entity that is owned or controlled by the Khatam al-Anbiya Construction Headquarters, entity controlled by IRGC;
2. Iranian Petro Paydar Co.
– Petro Paydar Iranian Inc. was contracted to complete the $5 billion development project for Phase 13 of the South Pars gas field in June 2010 together with designated Iranian Marine Industrial Company. SADRA also known as “Iran Marine Industrial Company” – Owned or controlled by the Khatam al-Anbiya Construction Headquarters (KAA), according to the European Union, which is an Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps (IRGC)-owned company.
3. South Oil Co.
– The National Iranian South Oil Company (NISOC) is a government-owned corporation under the direction of the Ministry of Petroleum of Iran, and operates as a subsidiary of National Iranian Oil Company;
4.Pars Oil & Gas Co.
– Pars Oil and Gas Company is a subsidiary of National Iranian Oil Company (NIOC); Pars Oil and Gas Company added to the Specially Designated Nationals (SDN) list maintained by the U.S. Department of the Treasury’s Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) on November 05, 2018 as an entity determined to be owned or controlled by the Government of Iran.
5. National Iranian Oil Engineering and Construction Co.
– National Iranian Oil Engineering and Construction Company, NIOEC, is responsible for the implementation of the Iran’s infrastructure projects in the field of petroleum refining, petroleum and products pipelines and depots as well as Iran’s joint venture overseas petroleum related projects.
The U.S. Department of the Treasury’s Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) is designating the National Iranian Oil Engineering and Construction Company (NIOEC) pursuant to E.O. 13224, as amended, for being owned, controlled, or directed by, or having acted or purported to act for or on behalf of, directly or indirectly, the Ministry of Petroleum;
6. Bushehr Petrochemical Co.
– The State Department is designating Bushehr Petrochemical, pursuant to Section 3(a)(ii) of E.O. 13846, for knowingly engaging in a significant transaction for the transport of petroleum products from Iran.
Farab Company Subsidiaries:
– Farab Equipment Manufacturing Co.
– Nardis Energy Projects Co.
– Farab Construction Co.
– Farab Operations and Maintenance Co.
– Farab Oil and Gas Co.
– Project Companies:
1. Sangab Co.
2. Yazd Power Generation Co.
3. Islam Abad Power Generation Co.
– Farab Investment and Trade Co.
– Arman Farab
– Oil, Gas and Petrochemical
– Operations and Maintenance
– Smart Grid
41, Shahid Shahamati St., Valiasr Sq. Tehran, Iran
+98 21 88 90 00 42-4
Reason for the color:
» Farab Company is working with entities controlled by the IRGC;