The mullahs in Iran are resorting to increasingly desperate measures to keep their shaky grasp on power as we approach the 40th anniversary of the Iranian Regime, but with increasing domestic unrest and international isolation it seems likely that they will be overthrown by the people and their organised resistance, led by Maryam Rajavi, before too long.
With that in mind, we wanted to look at Maryam Rajavi’s 10-point plan to bring freedom and democracy to Iran; something that will hopefully happen in the coming months.
1. Democratic Elections: Maryam Rajavi believes that the ballot box is the only criterion for political legitimacy so she seeks a republic based on universal suffrage no matter your gender, religion, or political affiliation.
2. Individual Freedoms: Maryam Rajavi believes in respecting all individual freedoms, including freedom of expression, freedom of parties and freedom of assembly, as well as a free and independent press. This is underscored by her commitment to unconditional and universal access to the internet.
3. The separation of Church and State: Maryam Rajavi believes that religion and politics should not be mixed and also seeks to outlaw any form of discrimination against the followers of any religion and denomination.
4. Complete gender equality: Maryam Rajavi believes that women should be equal in all political, social and economic arenas, so she would abolish any form of discrimination against women and grant them the freedoms to make their own decisions in all areas of life. She is also committed to the equal participation of women in political leadership.
5. Justice Reform: Maryam Rajavi believes in the rule of law, so she wants to establish a modern legal system based on the principles of presumption of innocence, the right to defence, effective judicial protection and the right to be tried in a public court. She also wants judges to be independent. Maryam Rajavi is also committed to ending the death penalty in all cases and commuting the sentences of those on death row. This would mean that the mullahs’ Sharia law would be abolished.
6. Commitment to Human Rights: Maryam Rajavi supports the Universal Declaration of Humans Rights, and international covenants and conventions, including the International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights, the Convention against Torture, and the Convention on the Elimination of all Forms of Discrimination against Women.
7. Equality for all nationalities: Maryam Rajavi is committed to the equality of all those living in Iran, no matter their nationality and believes that their language and culture should be preserved as a national resource. Maryam Rajavi also has a plan for the autonomy of Iranian Kurdistan, which was adopted by the Iranian Resistance’s parliament-in-exile, the National Council of Resistance of Iran.
8. The Economy: Maryam Rajavi believes that all Iranians must enjoy equal opportunity in employment and in business ventures, which is why she recognizes the importance of private property, private investment and the market economy.
9. The Environment: Maryam Rajavi vows to protect and revitalize the environment, in order to prevent or prepare for disasters like earthquakes and droughts.
10. Foreign policy: Maryam Rajavi wants peaceful coexistence with the rest of the world, which would involve international and regional peace and cooperation, as well as respect for the United Nations Charter. It would also include a non-nuclear Iran, free of weapons of mass destruction.
Source » irannewsupdate