As Iran’s coronavirus crisis deepens, so do the regime’s lies
1. Iran’s supreme leader Ali Khamenei, to rid his regime of the dire consequences of the coronavirus crisis, had an urgent need to make a ‘fake enemy’ as the main cause of the spread of the virus in Iran, and draw attention away from the responsibility of his regime.
On 22 March 2020, he said: “There is no trusting the US, because they may send drugs to make the virus more prevalent or persistent in Iran.” (Khamenei’s speech, Fars News)
Khamenei is playing a political game with the coronavirus and putting the lives of the Iranian people in danger. He maliciously claimed: “They (the US) may even send people as doctors to see how the virus is acting, which is said that part of it has been made especially for Iran, and so complete its information and increase their enmity.” (Fars News)
2. Khamenei seeks to divert the minds on the main war, the decisive war of the people with the Velayat-e Faqih regime, and to divert it to other subjects other than the regime.
3. Khamenei insists that his regime is biologically attacked and that this is part of the US war against his regime. This boasting has its consequences for the Iranian people. Under the guise of ‘biological warfare,’ Khamenei wants to legitimize his killings on the streets of Tehran and other cities.
After the comments of Khamenei, all the regime’s officials in tandem repeated this exaggeration to divert the minds of the people and other countries from the main problem which is the regime self. For example, Mohammad Reza Pourebrahimi, Member of Parliament from Kerman, said: “The US war with Iran has entered a biological phase”. (state-run website Donya-e-Eghtesad, 18 March 2020)
It is now clear that the regime’s aim is to send the Revolutionary Guards and police to the streets under the pretext of ‘biological warfare’. Its intention is nothing but to confront the uprising and maintain control in critical and forthcoming situations. Habibullah Sayari, regime’s Assistant Army Coordinator, expressed Khamenei’s concern about ‘future’ developments in his speech:
“The commander-in-chief’s command to the Chief of Stuff, the subject of training to prepare for a possible biological attack was expressed. Our army and defense forces are doing these things, but we have taken action in 21 provinces, according to our definition of combat readiness for the future.” (State-run website, 23 March 2020)
4. Khamenei, by blaming other countries for the coronavirus outbreak, seeks to cover up the inefficiency and systematic crime of its regime of spreading the coronavirus to all parts of Iran. His first and last concern was not to eradicate the coronavirus and save the people from it, but to maintain his regime in this crisis.
5. Khamenei seeks to continue secrecy and conceal the true statistics of the coronavirus victims by blocking international aid in the wake of this national catastrophe, not letting the horrific dimensions of the disaster be leaked through relief teams and global health experts.
Sadegh Zibakalam, one of the so-called regime’s reformists, about the subject of US biological war said: “I think these ideas and theories are only specific to the Islamic Republic of Iran, at least as far as I’m aware, nowhere else do they believe in such ideas, promote or take them seriously, but why do they Iran is taken seriously, its first feature is that it takes the responsibility away from the authorities.
“When the coronavirus is supposed to be the US biological war on Iran, well, not that we should not expect from Iranian officials, but the level of expectations is lowered slightly and written in the wake of a 41-year American feud. But why in Iran these kinds of conspiracy theories are so prevalent in Iran, I think, go back to the terrible humanities backdrop in Iran.” (Zibakalam, Asnaf News)
Source » iranfocus