One of the worst disasters caused by the Iran regime’s corruption was the collapse of the Metropol tower in Abadan on May 22, 2022. Dozens were killed, and many others were injured. The regime has refused to announce the victims’ names or the actual casualties, while many unofficial numbers speak about the death of more than 300 people, mostly workers.
This event brought the critical state of instability and worn-out buildings in Iran to light. Yesterday the state-run daily Asr-e Iran wrote that the regime’s Head of Medical Sciences had ordered the evacuation of the Hazrat-e Rasul hospital by the end of July. He said that this hospital, like many other hospitals in the country, is insecure and that an event like the Metropol collapse is possible in many of them.
Now Ahmad Vahidi, the regime’s interior minister, has announced that the case of the Metropol collapse has been closed, which is usual in all corruption cases of the regime.
The state-run Sharq newspaper quoted Ahmad Vahidi as saying on Tuesday, June 21, that the Metropol’s work had ended and is not a critical issue. Therefore, the case was closed.
He said that Metropol has now been given to an institution to complete the demolition of the building and that the story will be followed as a normal plot.
He finally claimed that the report of violations would be presented to the committee tasked with investigating these cases, and its dimensions would be clarified and reported. But experience shows that this will never happen, as the most corruption cases of the regime are now gathering dust on the regime’s shelves.
The tragedy occurred due to the violation of the institutions under the supervision of the regime’s Minister of Interior. Dozens were killed. The people suffered significant losses, and the regime did nothing but rhetoric.
Public opinion is still not convinced why the regime and local authorities did not evacuate the building even though they knew it was unsafe.
People are still not convinced how the ruling criminal factions supported the owner of this building and what corrupt interests led to this catastrophe.
No one believed that the owner of the Metropol, Abdol Baqi, was dead as the regime claimed. The families of the victims do not doubt that, like the previous catastrophes, the perpetrators of this catastrophe will not face any consequences.
The fact is that the Metropol is not a case. It is a history of chained corruption.
– On May 23, 2022, the twin Metropol building in Abadan collapsed, and at least 43 people were killed under the rubble of the building.
– On January 8, 2020, a Ukrainian plane taking off from Khomeini Airport in Tehran was targeted by two rockets fired by the Revolutionary Guards, killing 176 people on board. No one was ever punished for this tragedy.
– On January 6, 2018, a 32-passenger Sanchi tanker collided with a Chinese ship and caught fire. All 32 Iranian ship’s crew were killed, while 21 Chinese crew were rescued. But no one explained to the families of the victims why?
– On January 19, 2017, the Tehran Plasco building caught fire, killing 16 firefighters and six civilians, but no one was held accountable or punished.
– In November 2012, a girls’ primary school in a village called Shinabad in Piranshahr, Azerbaijan, caught fire, and 29 students suffered burns, two students died, and 12 suffered severe burns. But no one was ever held accountable.
– On February 14, 2005, the Tehran Arg Mosque caught fire, 78 people died in the fire, and dozens of others were injured. But no one was convicted.
– On February 18, 2004, more than 300 people, including 20 firefighters, were killed in an explosion on the Neishabour train. But no one was ever questioned about the case.
– On March 17, 1998, a bus carrying Olympiad students had an accident, during which seven students and two faculty members were killed. Maryam Mirzakhani was among the passengers of this bus.
There are many more cases closed by the regime’s officials without anyone being held accountable, and the families of the victims are still searching for justice.
Source » irannewsupdate