Iran’s dictator made a chilling warning to Israel that ‘the Zionist regime is dying’ just four days before its proxy Hamas slaughtered 1,400 civilians, it has emerged.
Ayatollah Ali Khamenei took to social media on October 3 to warn that the ‘anti-occupation movement in Palestine’ was more ready than it had been in decades to ‘achieve its goals’.
Hamas then unleashed its ‘surprise’ terror attack on Israel just four days later on October 7, which killed 1,400 and saw more than 200 people taken captive. In response, Israel began bombarding the Palestinian enclave. The Gaza Health Ministry said the death toll among Palestinians has passed 8,000, mostly women and minors.
It comes as Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu and the Israeli government are facing domestic pressure to secure the release of some 230 hostages seized when Hamas fighters from Gaza breached Israel’s defences and stormed into nearby towns.
Hamas says it is ready to release all hostages if Israel releases all of the thousands of Palestinians held in its prisons. But Israel has dismissed the Hamas offer with Netanyahu having said yesterday that the expanding ground operation ‘will help us in this mission’ to bring back all the hostages.
Meanwhile, the head of Lebanon’s Hezbollah last week met with top leaders of Hamas and Palestinian Islamic Jihad to assess what their alliance must do to ‘achieve a real victory for the resistance’ in Gaza.
Khamenei in a post on X, formerly Twitter, on October 3, warned: ‘The Zionist regime is dying.’
On October 7, he added: ‘Today, the Palestinian youth and the Palestinian movement is more energetic, more alive, and more prepared than it has ever been during the last 80 years.
‘God willing, the cancer of the usurper Zionist regime will be eradicated at the hands of the Palestinian people and the Resistance forces throughout the region.’
Iran has denied playing a role in the October 7 massacre, however US intelligence reports have shown that Iran likely knew that Hamas was planning ‘operations against Israel’.
The reports do claim that some Iranian leaders were surprised by the attack, which was the deadliest day of Israel’s 75-year history.
Iranian Foreign Minister Hossein Amirabdollahian today said Iran does not want war to ‘spread out’ and dismissed claims directly connecting Iran to the attacks, calling them ‘baseless’.
‘We don’t want this war to spread out,’ he said during an appearance on CNN.
‘We always had political media and international support for Palestine. We have never denied this,’ he said.
‘This is the truth, but in relation to this operation called the Al Aqsa Storm, there was no connection to that data between Iran and this Hamas operation, not my government nor part of my country.’
Source » dailymail