Iran’s highest-ranking military official offered a stark warning after reports emerged that the U.S. is considering deploying 10,000 troops to the Middle East.
“The enemies should know that the Iranian military will not waste even a single moment monitoring the enemies’ schemes and adventurism,” said Chief of Staff to the Iranian Armed Forces Maj. Gen. Mohammad Hossein Bagheri in a statement Thursday, according to Iran’s state-run news service.
“Our hands are on the trigger and we are firmly prepared to annihilate any aggressor and greedy eyes against the Islamic Iran,” he said.
The U.S. is considering sending an additional 10,000 troops to the region, according to Wednesday reports, as tensions between the two countries continue to rise.
“The new conditions of countering the US arrogant and pharaonic threat invite all the Iranians to enter the fields of jihad, full alert, and mobilization of more power,” said Bagheri.
There has been an overt pressure campaign by the U.S. to target Iran’s finances, including new sweeping sanctions against Iran’s metals industry. The U.S. deployed the USS Abraham Lincoln Carrier Strike Group and a bomber task force to the Middle East earlier this month in response to potential threats to the U.S. and U.S. assets in the region.
A rocket of the same model used by Iran detonated outside the U.S. embassy in Iraq Sunday. Trump responded by declaring that a war would be “the official end of Iran.”
Source » washingtonexaminer