Mousa Refan (Persian: موسی رفان) also known as Akbar Refan (Persian: اکبر رفان), is an Iranian electrical engineer and former military officer.
In 2012 he was elected as the featured electrical engineer of Iran by Iran Academy of Science.
Born in 1958 in Kazerun, Fars Province, Refan obtained his BS in electrical engineering from University of Tehran.
Refan was one of the Muslim Student Followers of the Imam’s Line taking over the U.S. embassy in 1979, who entered Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps (IRGC) and reached at top of its command hierarchy. He was founder and the first commander of the IRGC’s Air Force. Refan wanted to transform the military branch into a major aerial warfare force parallel to the regular air force. He resigned in 1990, reportedly due to what he deemed lack of sufficient support from IRGC leadership, according to Jamal S. Suwaidi.
Following departure from the IRGC, Refan entered MAPNA Group. He was manager and director of management committee of MAPNA for 17 years from its establishment to 2009.
Refan is regarded a conservative figure within Iranian political spectrum.
The Iranian company Tana Energy Management Co. won the tender for renovating the Meghri checkpoint (Armenia). It is a daughter company of Tana Energy Group, that its chairman is Mousa Refan, who was manager and director of management committee of MAPNA group for 17 years from its establishment to 2009. He was an IRGC officer who founded the IRGC air force.
Fields of Activities:
Power & Energy, Water & Wastewater Industries, Tunneling, Oil, Gas & Petrochemicals, Transportation & Civil Works
– Managerial, technical and executive responsibilities 1979-1990
– Managing Director of Iran Water and Power Company (IWPC) 1990-1993
– Acting Deputy Managing Director of Iran Power Development Company & Project Director of High Voltage Substations 1993-1997
– Chairman of the Board “Niroo Trans Company” 1993-1998
– Chairman of the Board “Iran Electrical Equipment Engineering Company” 1993-1998
– Member of the Board “Farab Company” 1993-2005
– Chairman of the Board “Farab International FZE” 1993-2007
– Chairman of the Board “Karoon Cement Company” 1993-2000
– Vice Minister “Ministry of Energy” 1997-1997
– Project Director of “30 Gas turbine project” 1998-1999 Chairman and/or Board Member of Mapna International FZE, Mapna Generator Company (Pars Generator), Mapna Boiler Engineering and Manufacturing Company, Mapna Operation and Maintenance Company (O&M), Mapna Electrical and Control Engineering Company, Mavad Karan Company, Mapna Power Plant Construction Company (MD-1), Mapna Combined Cycle Power Plants Construction Company (MD-2), Neyrpars Company, Monenco Iran Company, Mapna Locomotive Company
– Chairman And President of “Mapna Company” 1999-2009
– Chairman of Tana Energy Management Company Since 2010
22 May 1958
No.1, Pamchal 2 Alley, Fakhar Mogaddam St., Dadman Blvd., Shahrak Gharb, Tehran, Iran
Reason for the color:
» Armenia – Iran’s new ally;